The HML CRP secured funding from the Basil Death Trust, and LNER Customer and Community Investment Fund and together with support from ScotRail has agreed a project aimed at engaging with the Primary Schools which are located near to the Highland Main Line.
Enhancing local links with the HML CRP through project work with the Primary Schools which are located near to the railway corridor route between Dunkeld & Birnam and Carrbridge.
- The enhancement and maintenance of current partnerships between the local HML CRP representatives, the schools and the communities along the HML corridor.
- Ongoing liaison with curricular input, support relevant to each individual school and identification of available resources.
- Train journeys undertaken by all children in the group supported by HML CRP representatives with related learning occurring during the excursion both on and off the train.
- Feedback from the children that would enhance a traveller’s journey on the Highland Main Line.
- Longer term continuation of such a partnership and curricular support following the end of the project funding.
The latest Highland Mainline Community Rail Partnership seasonal newsletter